DATA SCIENCE – FULL-TIME
rMark Bio helps life science companies solve for the complexities that come with digital transformation by developing end-to-end AI solutions that deliver personalized business intelligence through integrated applications and API accessible services
Healthcare innovation is best served when individuals with diverse backgrounds come together with a common purpose and clear objectives to improve patient lives.
We are product strategists, engineers, data scientists and designers who are experts in our domain and passionate about our mission to accelerate innovation, collaboration and scientific discovery for life sciences
rMark Bio is searching for an experienced Mid-career Data Scientist with strong software skills. Data science is critical to our business model, so we are building a robust data science program focused on natural language processing, graph databases, and modern artificial intelligence modeling in a Microsoft Azure cloud environment. All data science technologies are built as robust software, so we are searching for new team members that have the confluence of strong math, statistics, and computer science experience.
We build our data science software primarily in Python, but may move to C or C++ as needed. We do not use R. All code must be written robustly and efficiently with good object oriented programming skills, not quick-and-dirty throwaway scripts. Writing efficient queries to databases, both SQL and Cypher/Neo4j, will also be necessary. Excellent communication skills—both writing and speaking—are essential for communicating your work to the rest of the team and other teams within the company.
- Research and develop the latest data science methodologies into proprietary software
- Build and maintain graph databases that support customer applications
- Apply proprietary modeling software to build models with a multilayer perceptron, convolutional neural network, recurrent neural network, and/or Word2Vec embeddings.
- Write and maintain excellent documentation of all work.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience is required
- M.S./Ph.D. in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Physics, or closely related field
- Python and a lower level language like C/C++
- Database skills, both SQL and Cypher/Neo4j
- Docker – All development is required to be done in a Docker container to maintain a consistent development environment.
- Experience with building models with low-level TensorFlow
- Natural language processing
- Multilayer perceptrons, convolutional neural networks, and recurrent neural networks.
- Modeling methodology
- Requisite math and statistics education: Vector calculus, linear algebra, probability theory, statistical modeling
- Strong technical and mathematical writing skills (both in markdown and LaTeX) will be heavily stressed
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at rMark Bio prior to having a signed agreement from rMark Bio’s HR department. rMark Bio is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its prior-approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without a written signed agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to rMark Bio. and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention. Thank you.
rMark Bio is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.