Account Manager (Technical)
Business Development Full-Time
rMark Bio helps life science companies solve for the complexities that come with digital transformation by developing end-to-end AI solutions that deliver personalized business intelligence through integrated applications and API accessible services.
Healthcare innovation is best served when individuals with diverse backgrounds come together with a common purpose and clear objectives to improve patient lives.
We are product strategists, engineers, data scientists and designers who are experts in our domain and passionate about our mission to accelerate innovation, collaboration and scientific discovery for life sciences
rMark Bio, is searching for a Technical Account Manager, to play a critical role representing our company to our clients as the main point of contact for post sales, technical requirements, contracts, project management and customer satisfaction activities. Key responsibilities include: Primary point of contact for customer accounts, ongoing needs identification, working with the product team to provide customer feedback, scoping and pricing, resourcing, and high-quality, timely, and on-budget delivery. The Technical Account Manager builds and maintains excellent client relations across a portfolio of clients.
- Collaborate with the Business Development team to win the client’s business: work with the client to understand their requirements, identify key solution drivers, determine scope and price.
- Coordinate with internal teams (including: Data Science, Engineering, Product, Business Development & Finance) to plan resourcing and technical requirements.
- Engage with executive leadership within Big Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences companies.
- Lead technical pieces of client training and new service on-boarding efforts.
- Work with team members to ensure successful implementation and service delivery.
- Be the main point of contact for the Client, manage risk, and act as the primary escalation point for the project/relationship.
- Develop and execute a communication plan – regular team meetings, client updates and team feedback, internal management reporting, and quarterly business reviews with client stakeholders.
- Update tools and trackers required to manage the project (e.g. hours tracking, budget tools)
- Manage the project timeline and budget to meet client and internal expectations.
- Coordinate with the Finance team to ensure timely and accurate billing of the Client
- Expand the Company’s book of business by finding other opportunities with the same client and/or positioning the Company’s broader portfolio of offerings.
- Enhance the Company’s capabilities and knowledge through post-project analysis and recommendations.
Experience and Qualifications
- Demonstrated experience managing multi-faceted software and technical projects
- Ability to work at multiple levels within the customer organization
- Capable of managing technical details with an eye on longer-term project goals
- Working knowledge of big data, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence solutions.
- Experience with Infrastructure as a Service providers (IaaS) such as Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, or AWS Web Services
- Experience with Project Tracking systems such as Jira
- 5+ years managing technical projects or account management in a high-growth technology company, start-up and/or SaaS company
- Prior experience selling services and/or software into Life Sciences clients is a plus
- Project management experience and Life Sciences domain expertise: 3+ years of experience related to working with data, analytics, strategy development, or tactical execution.
- Industry experience: 3+ years of experience working in or consulting for the Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, and/or Medical Device industries not required but a plus
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in business, science or analytical discipline preferred. Related life science experience for 5+ years required if no degree.
- Strong competencies in planning, project management, and organization.
- Technical aptitude and proven ability to grasp general knowledge of multiple disciplines and technologies with strong computer usage skills
- Ability to produce and present clear, concise, and professionally written communications and presentations
- Ability to maintain well-written documentation.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at rMark Bio prior to having a signed agreement from rMark Bio’s HR department. rMark Bio is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its prior-approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without a written signed agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to rMark Bio. and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention. Thank you.
rMark Bio is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.